You are reading an article from the archives. In recent years, we have gone through major updates. Minor quirks in layout are possible when perusing older articles.
Finnair is the safest airline in the world, according to the latest safety index published by aviation experts.
With a risk index of 93.91, the Finnish airline tops Scoot Tigerair from Singapore and the Norwegian Air Shuttle from Norway.
The annual safety ranking was published by the Hamburg air safety office Jacdec in cooperation with the aviation magazine “Aero international.”
In the last places in the ranking are airlines from Russia, Ethiopia
The safety ranking compares the largest 100 airlines by their key safety parameters.
Ten safest airlines in the world
- Finnair (Finland)
- Scoot Tigerair (Singapore)
- Norwegian Air Shuttle (Norway)
- Emirates (United Arab Emirates)
- Air Europa (Spain)
- Transavia (Netherlands)
- Etihad Airway (Great Britain)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (Great Britain)
- KLM – Royal Dutch Airlines (Netherlands)
- Jetstar Airways (Australia)
Source: Jacdec 2019 / Tellerport